How Call in Studio Works / FAQ
How Do I Connect Call in Studio to ZOOM and Similar Services?
NOTE: If you experience problems connecting to Zoom or another service, please report them to email@example.com.
NOTE: Zoom integration requires a paid Zoom account that supports dialing in via telephone. In your Zoom settings, make sure 'Audio Type' is set to 'Telephone and Computer Audio' and your password contains only numbers -- otherwise the host will not be able to connect.
Support for Microsoft Teams requires you to enter the meeting phone number when connecting to the service (as a result, MS Teams is not supported on a trial account).
Call in Studio requires you to connect your show's audio via our Host Line. This can be accomplished with Zoom using our 'Make Outbound Call' feature which can be accessed after you start your show.
To start your show, go to 'My Shows' and then:
- Click 'Host Show' [for the show you wish to host, if you have multiple shows]
- [confirm/select show settings] and click 'Save & Start Show'
- Click on 'Make Outbound Call'
After you you click 'Make Outbound Call', the page will prompt you how to connect:
- Select 'Zoom Meeting' or 'MS Teams' from the 'Connect To' dropdown.
- Enter your with your Meeting or Room ID (usually a 9- or 10-digit numbers) where prompted. For MS Teams you will also need to enter the dial-in phone number provided by MS Teams. For Zoom meetings, make sure your 'Audio Type' settings in Zoom are set to 'Telephone and Computer Audio'.
- For Zoom Meetings, if your meeting requires a password, enter that where prompted.
- Click the 'Call' button.
Note: You may also dial any phone number that requires dialing extensions or conference IDs by selecting 'Phone Number' from the 'Connect To' dropdown (such as Go To Meeting). Standard dialing format applies where commans (',') are pauses and special digits ('*#') are supported, e.g., 8185551212,,1234#,,123456.
Call in Studio will then attempt to connect to Zoom/your selected service/phone call. The connection process can take between 10 and 30 seconds. You will see your host call on the call console. Within Zoom, you will see a phone connection from the caller ID of your show's call-in number. You'll want to make sure this connection is always unmuted within Zoom.
If your Zoom meeting requires you to dial *6 to unmute, you can do so in Call in Studio by clicking the 'Drop' button on the Zoom host call, and clicking 'Dial *6' and that will send the unmute dial code to Zoom (your call will not be dropped).
If you need further assistance, want to report any problems connecting to Zoom, MS Teams or any other service, please call or write to support.
How Do You Connect to the Host Line?
Where's the Tutorial For Setting Up the Audio for My Show?
Question & Help Index
Connecting Show Audio
- How Does It Work?
- How Do You Connect to the Host Line?
- How Do I Connect Call in Studio to ZOOM and Similar Services?
- Where's the Tutorial For Setting Up the Audio for My Show?
- Couldn't I Use Blog Talk Radio, Skype, or just a regular phone line to take calls?
- Why Do I Need a Custom Call-In Number?
Managing Your Show
- What Does the Host's Call Management Screen Look Like and How Does It Work?
- Does Call in Studio Support Call Screening? What is Auto-Screening?
- What is the Difference Between a Call-In Line and a Guest Line?
- Can I Put More Than One Caller or Guest On-Air at the Same Time?
- How Do I Host Multiple Shows? Do I Need Multiple Phone Numbers?
- Can I Block or Limit Certain Callers?
- Can I Record My Show?
- Can I Customize the Phone Prompts Callers Hear on My Show?
- Can I Allow Other Users Access to My Show (to Host or Screen Calls)?
- How Do I Authorize Guests, Hosts, or Screeners by Caller ID?
- Multiple Call-in Numbers for One Show
- WebRTC: Connecting Callers Through our Web Interface
- Host Callback Mode: Auto-Connecting the Host Only When Callers Are Present
- Using SMS Queue: How Can I Get More Callers to My Show?
- What is Mix-Minus, and Does My Mixer Board Support It (Or: Is there a Mix-Minus Software Solution)?
- Can I Port or Transfer a Number Into or Out of Call in Studio?