How Call in Studio Works / FAQ
Can I Port or Transfer a Number Into or Out of Call in Studio?
Most likely, yes. Most U.S.-based services support number portability, but check with your current provider. Porting an existing phone number into Call in Studio will incur a $25 service fee and usually takes a few days to complete. You will need to provide proof of ownership of the number (e.g., a recent phone bill with your name on it) and complete a transfer request we provide to you. To initiate a transfer, please write to support (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Call in Studio also complies with all valid outgoing transfer requests, so long the owner's account is in good standing and is fully paid.
What is Mix-Minus, and Does My Mixer Board Support It (Or: Is there a Mix-Minus Software Solution)?
How Do I Delete A Show?
Question & Help Index
Connecting Show Audio
- How Does It Work?
- How Do You Connect to the Host Line?
- Where's the Tutorial For Setting Up the Audio for My Show?
- Couldn't I Use Blog Talk Radio, Skype, or just a regular phone line to take calls?
- Why Do I Need a Custom Call-In Number?
Managing Your Show
- What Does the Host's Call Management Screen Look Like and How Does It Work?
- Does Call in Studio Support Call Screening? What is Auto-Screening?
- What is the Difference Between a Call-In Line and a Guest Line?
- Can I Put More Than One Caller or Guest On-Air at the Same Time?
- How Do I Host Multiple Shows? Do I Need Multiple Phone Numbers?
- Can I Block or Limit Certain Callers?
- Can I Record My Show?
- Can I Customize the Phone Prompts Callers Hear on My Show?
- Can I Allow Other Users Access to My Show (to Host or Screen Calls)?
- How Do I Authorize Guests, Hosts, or Screeners by Caller ID?
- What is Mix-Minus, and Does My Mixer Board Support It (Or: Is there a Mix-Minus Software Solution)?
- Can I Port or Transfer a Number Into or Out of Call in Studio?