How Call in Studio Works / FAQ
Where's the Tutorial For Setting Up the Audio?
Because of the vast array of customers' configurations, we do not have specific tutorials for every possible setup, but YouTube and Google can be a great resource for getting this working. Try searching for “How do I Use Skype with [insert your broadcasting provider or tool here]?” (examples include: YouTube Live, Facebook Live, Speaker, SAM Broadcaster, OBS, etc.).
Once you get Skype or Google Voice connected, then you can use that to dial into our host line while broadcasting your show and control calls using our Web interface.
Some mixers, such as the Rodecaster Pro and Zoom L8, can do an automatic mix-minus for you, allowing you to easily connect a phone call to your mixing board via a wired or bluetooth connection.
We always recommend testing your setup by dialing into a regular phone number you have access to (e.g., your cell phone). Verify that the caller can hear the host/broadcast audio, and the host can hear the caller audio. One you've verified that's working, then you can use your verified setup to dial into the Call in Studio Host Line.
If you need assistance with your setup, please call or email support and we will help you as best as we can.
How Do I Connect Call in Studio to ZOOM and Similar Services?
Couldn't I Use Blog Talk Radio, Skype, or just a regular phone line to take calls?
Question & Help Index
Connecting Show Audio
- How Does It Work?
- How Do You Connect to the Host Line?
- How Do I Connect Call in Studio to ZOOM and Similar Services?
- Where's the Tutorial For Setting Up the Audio?
- Couldn't I Use Blog Talk Radio, Skype, or just a regular phone line to take calls?
- Why Do I Need a Custom Call-In Number?
Managing Your Show
- What Does the Host's Call Management Screen Look Like and How Does It Work?
- Does Call in Studio Support Call Screening? What is Auto-Screening?
- What is the Difference Between a Call-In Line and a Guest Line?
- Can I Put More Than One Caller or Guest On-Air at the Same Time?
- How Do I Host Multiple Shows? Do I Need Multiple Phone Numbers?
- Can I Block or Limit Certain Callers?
- Can I Record My Show?
- Can I Customize the Phone Prompts Callers Hear on My Show or Meeting?
- Can I Allow Other Users Access to My Show/Meeting (to Host or Screen Calls)?
- How Do I Authorize Guests, Hosts, or Screeners by Caller ID?
- Multiple Call-in Numbers for One Show or Meeting
- What Is a Call-In (Listen Only) Line?
- WebRTC: Connecting Callers, Screeners, and Hosts Through our Web Interface
- Host Callback Mode: Auto-Connecting the Host Only When Callers Are Present
- Raise/Lower Hand for Callers and Guests on Hold
- Using SMS Queue: How Can I Get More Callers to My Show or Meeting?
- What is Mix-Minus, and Does My Mixer Board Support It (Or: Is there a Mix-Minus Software Solution)?
- Can I Port or Transfer a Number Into or Out of Call in Studio?