How Call in Studio Works / FAQ
Can I Block or Limit Certain Callers?
Yes. Under the show configuration page (go to My Shows and click on your show) select the 'Blocked Callers' tab and follow the instructions on the page.
You have the option to block specific callers by phone number (for a specified length of time), block callers that do not report a caller ID number.
We also offer the option to limit each individual caller from calling into your show more than a specified number of times over a specified time period (e.g., limit each caller to connecting 1x/day, 3x/month, etc).
You can also block numbers from while managing your show. There is a link to 'Ban Caller' for each caller, which will hang up on the caller and add that number to your banned list.
Callers blocked by this feature will hear a busy signal when trying to call, leaving the lines open for other callers
How Do I Host Multiple Shows? Do I Need Multiple Phone Numbers?
Can I Record My Show?
Question & Help Index
Connecting Show Audio
- How Does It Work?
- How Do You Connect to the Host Line?
- Where's the Tutorial For Setting Up the Audio for My Show?
- Couldn't I Use Blog Talk Radio, Skype, or just a regular phone line to take calls?
- Why Do I Need a Custom Call-In Number?
Managing Your Show
- What Does the Host's Call Management Screen Look Like and How Does It Work?
- Does Call in Studio Support Call Screening? What is Auto-Screening?
- What is the Difference Between a Call-In Line and a Guest Line?
- Can I Put More Than One Caller or Guest On-Air at the Same Time?
- How Do I Host Multiple Shows? Do I Need Multiple Phone Numbers?
- Can I Block or Limit Certain Callers?
- Can I Record My Show?
- Can I Customize the Phone Prompts Callers Hear on My Show?
- Can I Allow Other Users Access to My Show (to Host or Screen Calls)?
- How Do I Authorize Guests, Hosts, or Screeners by Caller ID?
- Multiple Call-in Numbers for One Show
- Using SMS Queue: How Can I Get More Callers to My Show?
- What is Mix-Minus, and Does My Mixer Board Support It (Or: Is there a Mix-Minus Software Solution)?
- Can I Port or Transfer a Number Into or Out of Call in Studio?