How Call in Studio Works / FAQ
How Do You Connect to the Host Line?
The most difficult aspect of setting up Call in Studio is connecting a single phone call to your setup. You must connect your show's audio to our Host Line via a phone call in order hear and talk to callers, and then log into our website to manage the calls within the Call in Studio web interface.
We do not broadcast your show, we manage the call-in portion of producing a show. This means you can broadcast using any means of broadcasting you like, such as through tradition radio (you provide the radio station), via online streaming provider of your choice (e.g., YouTube Live, Spreaker, Facebook Live, etc.), or simply recording your show to an audio file to publisher later (e.g., podcasting).
Many of our custors dial into our Host Line using Skype or Google Voice, though any means of connecting a single call to your setup will work.
The most successful implementations involve using a small mixer board where their microphone(s) are connected into, with an additional audio line connected via a mix-minus configuration to a second computer or telephone that dials into our host line. The mixer board is often connection to a main computer that is broadcasting and/or recording their show.
If you need assistance setting up your show, please contact our support line or email firstname.lastname@example.org and we will do our best to assist you with your setup.
How Does It Work?
Where's the Tutorial For Setting Up the Audio for My Show?
Question & Help Index
Connecting Show Audio
- How Does It Work?
- How Do You Connect to the Host Line?
- Where's the Tutorial For Setting Up the Audio for My Show?
- Couldn't I Use Blog Talk Radio, Skype, or just a regular phone line to take calls?
- Why Do I Need a Custom Call-In Number?
Managing Your Show
- What Does the Host's Call Management Screen Look Like and How Does It Work?
- Does Call in Studio Support Call Screening? What is Auto-Screening?
- What is the Difference Between a Call-In Line and a Guest Line?
- Can I Put More Than One Caller or Guest On-Air at the Same Time?
- How Do I Host Multiple Shows? Do I Need Multiple Phone Numbers?
- Can I Block or Limit Certain Callers?
- Can I Record My Show?
- Can I Customize the Phone Prompts Callers Hear on My Show?
- Can I Allow Other Users Access to My Show (to Host or Screen Calls)?
- How Do I Authorize Guests, Hosts, or Screeners by Caller ID?
- Multiple Call-in Numbers for One Show
- Using SMS Queue: How Can I Get More Callers to My Show?
- What is Mix-Minus, and Does My Mixer Board Support It (Or: Is there a Mix-Minus Software Solution)?
- Can I Port or Transfer a Number Into or Out of Call in Studio?