How Call in Studio Works / FAQ
Can I Customize the Phone Prompts Callers Hear on My Show?
Yes. By default, Call in Studio uses a text-to-speech engine for all phone prompts. For example, when a call dials into your live show, they are greeted with the message "Thank you for calling SHOW NAME" (where SHOW NAME is the name you selected when setting up your show).
Each phone prompt can be fully customized on a per-show, per-prompt basis, either by changing the text sent to our text-so-speech engine, or by recording your own phone prompt. You can upload pre-recorded MP3s, or record any given prompt directly on page for each show prompt configuration. To configure prompts, go to My Shows and click on your show name and then select the 'Custom Prompts' tab at the top of the page.
Can I Record My Show?
Can I Allow Other Users Access to My Show (to Host or Screen Calls)?
Question & Help Index
Connecting Show Audio
- How Does It Work?
- How Do You Connect to the Host Line?
- Where's the Tutorial For Setting Up the Audio for My Show?
- Couldn't I Use Blog Talk Radio, Skype, or just a regular phone line to take calls?
- Why Do I Need a Custom Call-In Number?
Managing Your Show
- What Does the Host's Call Management Screen Look Like and How Does It Work?
- Does Call in Studio Support Call Screening? What is Auto-Screening?
- What is the Difference Between a Call-In Line and a Guest Line?
- Can I Put More Than One Caller or Guest On-Air at the Same Time?
- How Do I Host Multiple Shows? Do I Need Multiple Phone Numbers?
- Can I Block or Limit Certain Callers?
- Can I Record My Show?
- Can I Customize the Phone Prompts Callers Hear on My Show?
- Can I Allow Other Users Access to My Show (to Host or Screen Calls)?
- How Do I Authorize Guests, Hosts, or Screeners by Caller ID?
- Multiple Call-in Numbers for One Show
- Using SMS Queue: How Can I Get More Callers to My Show?
- What is Mix-Minus, and Does My Mixer Board Support It (Or: Is there a Mix-Minus Software Solution)?
- Can I Port or Transfer a Number Into or Out of Call in Studio?