How Call in Studio Works / FAQ
Can I Record My Show or Meeting?
Yes, though we don't recommend using Call in Studio as your primary recording. If you wish to save a recording of your show/meeting, record it locally and use Call in Studio's recording as a backup only.
Why? Call in Studio records the Host's call into the system, which means you will only be recording phone-call quality of the host. Recording locally will allow you much better audio quality as a result.
We do offer an option to record in 'Dual Channel' mode, which records the Host's audio in one channel of an MP3 file, and any caller audio in the other channel. This can be useful in more professional environments where recording the caller's audio in a separate channel can be useful.
RECORDING SCREENING SESSIONS
Finally, you may also select to 'Record Screening Sessions', which will generate a recording of each call while it is in a screening room. Recordings are saved in to the 'RECs' section of your configuration pages and include the phone number of the call recorded and the date and time it was recorded.
Can I Block or Limit Certain Callers?
Can I Customize the Phone Prompts Callers Hear on My Show or Meeting?
Question & Help Index
Connecting Show Audio
- How Does It Work?
- How Do You Connect to the Host Line?
- How Do I Connect Call in Studio to ZOOM and Similar Services?
- Where's the Tutorial For Setting Up the Audio?
- Couldn't I Use Blog Talk Radio, Skype, or just a regular phone line to take calls?
- Why Do I Need a Custom Call-In Number?
Managing Your Show
- What Does the Host's Call Management Screen Look Like and How Does It Work?
- Does Call in Studio Support Call Screening? What is Auto-Screening?
- What is the Difference Between a Call-In Line and a Guest Line?
- Can I Put More Than One Caller or Guest On-Air at the Same Time?
- How Do I Host Multiple Shows? Do I Need Multiple Phone Numbers?
- How Do I Manually Sort Calls in the Queue?
- Can I Block or Limit Certain Callers?
- Can I Record My Show or Meeting?
- Can I Customize the Phone Prompts Callers Hear on My Show or Meeting?
- Can I Allow Other Users Access to My Show/Meeting (to Host or Screen Calls)?
- How Do I Authorize Guests, Hosts, or Screeners by Caller ID?
- Multiple Call-in Numbers for One Show or Meeting
- What Is a Call-In (Listen Only) Line?
- WebRTC: Connecting Callers, Screeners, and Hosts Through our Web Interface
- Host Callback Mode: Auto-Connecting the Host Only When Callers Are Present
- Raise/Lower Hand for Callers and Guests on Hold
- Using SMS Queue: How Can I Get More Callers to My Show or Meeting?
- What is Mix-Minus, and Does My Mixer Board Support It (Or: Is there a Mix-Minus Software Solution)?
- Can I Port or Transfer a Number Into or Out of Call in Studio?