How Call in Studio Works / FAQ
How Does It Work?
Whether you want to take calls for your podcast, live show, or or public meeting, or just record to audio a file to later share with listeners, Call in Studio allows you take calls in a call-in talk show format just like a traditional radio station would — without having to invest in expensive equipment (such as Telos equipment and software) and lease banks of phone lines. Call in Studio puts all this in the cloud and allow you to manage calls through a simple Web interface.
Our service connects to your setup in two ways: first, for audio routing, you must connect a single phone call to your recording or broadcasting setup. Many of our customers use Skype or Google Voice to dial into our host line, though any means you have of doing this will work. Call in Studio can also dial out to your setup, including Zoom, MS Teams, or other similair service. Second, you control the calls through our Web interface by logging into your account and starting your show or meeting within our service.
How Do You Connect to the Host Line?
Question & Help Index
Connecting Show Audio
- How Does It Work?
- How Do You Connect to the Host Line?
- How Do I Connect Call in Studio to ZOOM and Similar Services?
- Where's the Tutorial For Setting Up the Audio?
- Couldn't I Use Blog Talk Radio, Skype, or just a regular phone line to take calls?
- Why Do I Need a Custom Call-In Number?
Managing Your Show
- What Does the Host's Call Management Screen Look Like and How Does It Work?
- Does Call in Studio Support Call Screening? What is Auto-Screening?
- What is the Difference Between a Call-In Line and a Guest Line?
- Can I Put More Than One Caller or Guest On-Air at the Same Time?
- How Do I Host Multiple Shows? Do I Need Multiple Phone Numbers?
- Can I Block or Limit Certain Callers?
- Can I Record My Show?
- Can I Customize the Phone Prompts Callers Hear on My Show or Meeting?
- Can I Allow Other Users Access to My Show/Meeting (to Host or Screen Calls)?
- How Do I Authorize Guests, Hosts, or Screeners by Caller ID?
- Multiple Call-in Numbers for One Show or Meeting
- What Is a Call-In (Listen Only) Line?
- WebRTC: Connecting Callers, Screeners, and Hosts Through our Web Interface
- Host Callback Mode: Auto-Connecting the Host Only When Callers Are Present
- Raise/Lower Hand for Callers and Guests on Hold
- Using SMS Queue: How Can I Get More Callers to My Show or Meeting?
- What is Mix-Minus, and Does My Mixer Board Support It (Or: Is there a Mix-Minus Software Solution)?
- Can I Port or Transfer a Number Into or Out of Call in Studio?