How Call in Studio Works / FAQ
How Do I Manually Sort Calls in the Queue?
The main call console sorts calls into various 'rooms' and as callers dial into your show or meeting and hosts or screeners move calls around as desired (e.g., the CALL-IN QUEUE, HOST ROOM, etc.). For a full discussion of the call console, click here.
Within a given room, calls are sorted first by the caller type (guests, callers, screeners, then hosts), and sub-sorted by call duration (oldest first).
You may force sub-sorting calls by adding '//' and some arbitrary text to the call note; that arbitrary text will be used sort those calls alphabetically (call notes without any '//' sorting text will be listed last).
You may use the same sorting text to subsort call within a group (e.g., assign all callers on a particular topic to '//ab5', which will then sub-sort those calls by duration) or just enter '//' to put it at the top of the queue in a given room. Sorting text is case-insensitive.
This can be useful for public meetings that are agenda-driven, so that screeners can enter the caller's information and then sort the call by topic (e.g., 'Josh from Santa Monica //1b' where '//1b' relates to topic 1B on the agenda).
How Do I Host Multiple Shows? Do I Need Multiple Phone Numbers?
Can I Block or Limit Certain Callers?
Question & Help Index
Connecting Show Audio
- How Does It Work?
- How Do You Connect to the Host Line?
- How Do I Connect Call in Studio to ZOOM and Similar Services?
- Where's the Tutorial For Setting Up the Audio?
- Couldn't I Use Blog Talk Radio, Skype, or just a regular phone line to take calls?
- Why Do I Need a Custom Call-In Number?
Managing Your Show
- What Does the Host's Call Management Screen Look Like and How Does It Work?
- Does Call in Studio Support Call Screening? What is Auto-Screening?
- What is the Difference Between a Call-In Line and a Guest Line?
- Can I Put More Than One Caller or Guest On-Air at the Same Time?
- How Do I Host Multiple Shows? Do I Need Multiple Phone Numbers?
- How Do I Manually Sort Calls in the Queue?
- Can I Block or Limit Certain Callers?
- Can I Record My Show or Meeting?
- Can I Customize the Phone Prompts Callers Hear on My Show or Meeting?
- Can I Allow Other Users Access to My Show/Meeting (to Host or Screen Calls)?
- How Do I Authorize Guests, Hosts, or Screeners by Caller ID?
- Multiple Call-in Numbers for One Show or Meeting
- What Is a Call-In (Listen Only) Line?
- WebRTC: Connecting Callers, Screeners, and Hosts Through our Web Interface
- Host Callback Mode: Auto-Connecting the Host Only When Callers Are Present
- Raise/Lower Hand for Callers and Guests on Hold
- Using SMS Queue: How Can I Get More Callers to My Show or Meeting?
- What is Mix-Minus, and Does My Mixer Board Support It (Or: Is there a Mix-Minus Software Solution)?
- Can I Port or Transfer a Number Into or Out of Call in Studio?