How Call in Studio Works / FAQ
How Do I Host Multiple Shows? Do I Need Multiple Phone Numbers?
Call in Studio supports multiple show configurations. Go to My Shows and click the 'Create New Show’ link toward the bottom of the page. Each show will require it's own call-in number, so you may need to purchase addition phone numbers and assign them to each of your shows. This allows multiple shows to run simultaneously, take voicemails for each individual show, and have call prompts customized for each show, if desired.
Another option is to create one show in Call in Studio and name your 'show' your network or station name, rather than a specific show name. This way you can use one call-in number for all your shows. When your show is live and accepting callers, by default, callers will hear your show name as configured in your show's settings (e.g., 'Thank you for calling Free Speech Radio'), so keep this in mind when selecting this option and configuring your show.
A final option is to buy only one call-in number but create multiple shows within Call in Studio, and then assign that number to each show when you start it. If you choose do this, we recommend turning off the voicemail setting for all of your shows in order to avoid confusion from callers, and you would not be able to run more than one show at at timebut you would be able to customize phone prompts for each individual show you host.
Can I Put More Than One Caller or Guest On-Air at the Same Time?
Can I Block or Limit Certain Callers?
Question & Help Index
Connecting Show Audio
- How Does It Work?
- How Do You Connect to the Host Line?
- Where's the Tutorial For Setting Up the Audio for My Show?
- Couldn't I Use Blog Talk Radio, Skype, or just a regular phone line to take calls?
- Why Do I Need a Custom Call-In Number?
Managing Your Show
- What Does the Host's Call Management Screen Look Like and How Does It Work?
- Does Call in Studio Support Call Screening? What is Auto-Screening?
- What is the Difference Between a Call-In Line and a Guest Line?
- Can I Put More Than One Caller or Guest On-Air at the Same Time?
- How Do I Host Multiple Shows? Do I Need Multiple Phone Numbers?
- Can I Block or Limit Certain Callers?
- Can I Record My Show?
- Can I Customize the Phone Prompts Callers Hear on My Show?
- Can I Allow Other Users Access to My Show (to Host or Screen Calls)?
- How Do I Authorize Guests, Hosts, or Screeners by Caller ID?
- Multiple Call-in Numbers for One Show
- Using SMS Queue: How Can I Get More Callers to My Show?
- What is Mix-Minus, and Does My Mixer Board Support It (Or: Is there a Mix-Minus Software Solution)?
- Can I Port or Transfer a Number Into or Out of Call in Studio?