How Call in Studio Works / FAQ
How Do I Host Multiple Shows? Do I Need Multiple Phone Numbers?
Call in Studio supports multiple show and/or meeting configurations. Go to My Shows and click the 'Create New Show/Meeting' link toward the bottom of the page. Each show or meeting will require it's own call-in number, so you may need to purchase addition phone numbers and assign them to each of your shows or meetings. This allows multiple shows/meetings to run simultaneously, take voicemails for each individual show/meeting, and have call prompts customized for each show/meeting, if desired.
Another option is to create one show/meeting in Call in Studio and name your 'show' your network or station name, rather than a specific name. This way you can use one call-in number for all your shows/meetings. When your show/meeting is live and accepting callers, by default, callers will hear your show/meeting name as configured in settings (e.g., 'Thank you for calling Free Speech Radio'), so keep this in mind when selecting this option.
A final option is to buy only one call-in number but create multiple shows/meetings within Call in Studio, and then assign that number to each show or meeting when you start it. If you choose do this, we recommend turning off the voicemail setting for all of your shows/meetings in order to avoid confusion from callers, and you would not be able to run more than one show or meeting at at timebut you would be able to customize phone prompts for each individual show/meeting you host.
Can I Put More Than One Caller or Guest On-Air at the Same Time?
How Do I Manually Sort Calls in the Queue?
Question & Help Index
Connecting Show Audio
- How Does It Work?
- How Do You Connect to the Host Line?
- How Do I Connect Call in Studio to ZOOM and Similar Services?
- Where's the Tutorial For Setting Up the Audio?
- Couldn't I Use Blog Talk Radio, Skype, or just a regular phone line to take calls?
- Why Do I Need a Custom Call-In Number?
Managing Your Show
- What Does the Host's Call Management Screen Look Like and How Does It Work?
- Does Call in Studio Support Call Screening? What is Auto-Screening?
- What is the Difference Between a Call-In Line and a Guest Line?
- Can I Put More Than One Caller or Guest On-Air at the Same Time?
- How Do I Host Multiple Shows? Do I Need Multiple Phone Numbers?
- How Do I Manually Sort Calls in the Queue?
- Can I Block or Limit Certain Callers?
- Can I Record My Show or Meeting?
- Can I Customize the Phone Prompts Callers Hear on My Show or Meeting?
- Can I Allow Other Users Access to My Show/Meeting (to Host or Screen Calls)?
- How Do I Authorize Guests, Hosts, or Screeners by Caller ID?
- Multiple Call-in Numbers for One Show or Meeting
- What Is a Call-In (Listen Only) Line?
- WebRTC: Connecting Callers, Screeners, and Hosts Through our Web Interface
- Host Callback Mode: Auto-Connecting the Host Only When Callers Are Present
- Raise/Lower Hand for Callers and Guests on Hold
- Using SMS Queue: How Can I Get More Callers to My Show or Meeting?
- What is Mix-Minus, and Does My Mixer Board Support It (Or: Is there a Mix-Minus Software Solution)?
- Can I Port or Transfer a Number Into or Out of Call in Studio?