How Call in Studio Works / FAQ
Why Do I Need a Custom Call-In Number?
Each show must be assigned at least one custom phone number in order to receive calls from listeners. One number can accept multiple, simultaneous calls, according to the limits you set in your show's settings. This is your phone number assigned specifically to your show, so callers are directly connected to your show when they call (so there is no need for callers to bother with PIN codes).
When your show is offline and you are not accepting calls, you can optionally select to take voicemails for your show. To configure this, go to My Shows and click on your show and view the options under 'Offline Action.' The default is set to ‘Busy Signal' which means callers will hear a busy signal if they try to call your show's phone number and your show is offline (busy signals are free; for a full discussion of pricing see our Pricing page).
If you want to accept voicemails, you can change this value to 'Record Voicemail' and callers can record a message which you can access under your show's configuration page under My Shows, click on your show, select the 'VMs' option to view/listen/delete voicemails.
You can purchase and assign multiple call-in numbers for one show. Click here to read more.
Couldn't I Use Blog Talk Radio, Skype, or just a regular phone line to take calls?
What Does the Host's Call Management Screen Look Like and How Does It Work?
Question & Help Index
Connecting Show Audio
- How Does It Work?
- How Do You Connect to the Host Line?
- Where's the Tutorial For Setting Up the Audio for My Show?
- Couldn't I Use Blog Talk Radio, Skype, or just a regular phone line to take calls?
- Why Do I Need a Custom Call-In Number?
Managing Your Show
- What Does the Host's Call Management Screen Look Like and How Does It Work?
- Does Call in Studio Support Call Screening? What is Auto-Screening?
- What is the Difference Between a Call-In Line and a Guest Line?
- Can I Put More Than One Caller or Guest On-Air at the Same Time?
- How Do I Host Multiple Shows? Do I Need Multiple Phone Numbers?
- Can I Block or Limit Certain Callers?
- Can I Record My Show?
- Can I Customize the Phone Prompts Callers Hear on My Show?
- Can I Allow Other Users Access to My Show (to Host or Screen Calls)?
- How Do I Authorize Guests, Hosts, or Screeners by Caller ID?
- Multiple Call-in Numbers for One Show
- Using SMS Queue: How Can I Get More Callers to My Show?
- What is Mix-Minus, and Does My Mixer Board Support It (Or: Is there a Mix-Minus Software Solution)?
- Can I Port or Transfer a Number Into or Out of Call in Studio?