How Call in Studio Works / FAQ
Multiple Call-in Numbers for One Show
You may purchase multiple call-in numbers and assign them to a single show. Art Bell, host of Coast to Coast AM was famous for having multiple call in lines (e.g., for "East of the Rockies," "West of the Rockies," etc.), which you can duplicate with Call in Studio. You can also have a toll-free and local number assigned to your show, a foreign number and a domestic number, or myriad other configurations.
Enabling multiple call-in numbers will also reveal an option in your show configuration page (go to My Shows and click on your show) labeled "Call-in Multi-Line Configuration") allowing you to select how you'd like calls to be grouped (either Group Together or Group by Number), as well as a short label for each line (e.g., "L1" or "L2".
When calls are grouped together, the label for the number dialed will display in front of the phone number for that call. See below:
When calls are grouped by number, the label for calls in the Call Queue will be grouped by the label name (when they are moved to the host room or any other queue room, the label will be displayed in front of the caller's number). For example:
Finally, the Max Calls value you select in show setup applies to all calls to your show, regardless of the number dialed. (Max Calls is the maximum number of callers allowed to simultaneously connect to your call-in lines, regardless of the call-in number dialed. When the queue is full, new callers will receive a busy signal until there is room in the queue.)
How Do I Authorize Guests, Hosts, or Screeners by Caller ID?
WebRTC: Connecting Callers Through our Web Interface
Question & Help Index
Connecting Show Audio
- How Does It Work?
- How Do You Connect to the Host Line?
- How Do I Connect Call in Studio to ZOOM and Similar Services?
- Where's the Tutorial For Setting Up the Audio for My Show?
- Couldn't I Use Blog Talk Radio, Skype, or just a regular phone line to take calls?
- Why Do I Need a Custom Call-In Number?
Managing Your Show
- What Does the Host's Call Management Screen Look Like and How Does It Work?
- Does Call in Studio Support Call Screening? What is Auto-Screening?
- What is the Difference Between a Call-In Line and a Guest Line?
- Can I Put More Than One Caller or Guest On-Air at the Same Time?
- How Do I Host Multiple Shows? Do I Need Multiple Phone Numbers?
- Can I Block or Limit Certain Callers?
- Can I Record My Show?
- Can I Customize the Phone Prompts Callers Hear on My Show?
- Can I Allow Other Users Access to My Show (to Host or Screen Calls)?
- How Do I Authorize Guests, Hosts, or Screeners by Caller ID?
- Multiple Call-in Numbers for One Show
- WebRTC: Connecting Callers Through our Web Interface
- Using SMS Queue: How Can I Get More Callers to My Show?
- What is Mix-Minus, and Does My Mixer Board Support It (Or: Is there a Mix-Minus Software Solution)?
- Can I Port or Transfer a Number Into or Out of Call in Studio?