How Call in Studio Works / FAQ
What is the Difference Between a Call-In Line and a Guest Line?
When settling up your show, you select how many open lines you wish to have for callers to dial into. While you must buy one phone number from us for callers to call, you select how many "virtual lines" you will have open for callers to connect to (the system default is 5 lines, but can be any number from 1 to 35). Once your select line limit (5 by default) is reached, additional callers will hear a busy signal and will not able to connect to your show.
What if you have a guest calling in and your call-in lines are full? We offer a special guest line that allows a guest to bypass the call-in queue and still connect to your show. Guest callers show up on the call console as guests so they are easily identifiable and do not count against your listener line limit. For this reason, the guest line is protected by a numerical passcode the guest must enter on their telephone keypad (along with your show number).
Call in Studio provides a global guest line for all customers to use, although if you want a customer phone number for your guest line, you may purchase one under My Phone Numbers and assign it as a guest line to your show. In addition, a custom guest line bypasses asking the guest to enter your show number and you have the option to remove the PIN code authorization requirement as well (under your show's configuration page, go to My Shows click on your show and then look for the 'Guest Line PIN' option).
Finally, you may authorize a guest by their Caller ID, bypassing the necessity for dialing the guest line and entering a PIN. Click to read about Authoring a Guest by Caller ID.
Does Call in Studio Support Call Screening? What is Auto-Screening?
Can I Put More Than One Caller or Guest On-Air at the Same Time?
Question & Help Index
Connecting Show Audio
- How Does It Work?
- How Do You Connect to the Host Line?
- How Do I Connect Call in Studio to ZOOM and Similar Services?
- Where's the Tutorial For Setting Up the Audio for My Show?
- Couldn't I Use Blog Talk Radio, Skype, or just a regular phone line to take calls?
- Why Do I Need a Custom Call-In Number?
Managing Your Show
- What Does the Host's Call Management Screen Look Like and How Does It Work?
- Does Call in Studio Support Call Screening? What is Auto-Screening?
- What is the Difference Between a Call-In Line and a Guest Line?
- Can I Put More Than One Caller or Guest On-Air at the Same Time?
- How Do I Host Multiple Shows? Do I Need Multiple Phone Numbers?
- Can I Block or Limit Certain Callers?
- Can I Record My Show?
- Can I Customize the Phone Prompts Callers Hear on My Show?
- Can I Allow Other Users Access to My Show (to Host or Screen Calls)?
- How Do I Authorize Guests, Hosts, or Screeners by Caller ID?
- Multiple Call-in Numbers for One Show
- WebRTC: Connecting Callers Through our Web Interface
- Host Callback Mode: Auto-Connecting the Host Only When Callers Are Present
- Using SMS Queue: How Can I Get More Callers to My Show?
- What is Mix-Minus, and Does My Mixer Board Support It (Or: Is there a Mix-Minus Software Solution)?
- Can I Port or Transfer a Number Into or Out of Call in Studio?