How Call in Studio Works / FAQ
What is Mix-Minus, and Does My Mixer Board Support It (Or: Is there a Mix-Minus Software Solution)?
Mix-Minus means sending a mix of your show's audio to a second output channel (in this case, the one connected to the phone call dialing into Call In Studio's host line), MINUS the input of one particular channel (in this case, the channel connect your phone call to Call in Studio host line). This way, callers do not hear themselves, but they hear everything else in your mix (microphone(s) and any other audio inputs you have plugged into your mixer board).
Check your mixer's manual for help configuring mix-minus, or perform a Google Search for your mixer's name and/or model number, plus the phrase "mix-minus."
Mix-minus can also be accomplished with software on a single machine. Virtual Audio Cables is a popular software solution on Windows, and the Mac has similar types of software (e.g., Soundflower) that allow you to route audio in myriad ways, such as with Skype. In most cases, these software solutions can introduce unwanted latency in your audio mix, which can make it more difficult to communicate with callers, and we highly recommend finding a solution that avoids such audio latency.
Using SMS Queue: How Can I Get More Callers to My Show?
Can I Port or Transfer a Number Into or Out of Call in Studio?
Question & Help Index
Connecting Show Audio
- How Does It Work?
- How Do You Connect to the Host Line?
- How Do I Connect Call in Studio to ZOOM and Similar Services?
- Where's the Tutorial For Setting Up the Audio for My Show?
- Couldn't I Use Blog Talk Radio, Skype, or just a regular phone line to take calls?
- Why Do I Need a Custom Call-In Number?
Managing Your Show
- What Does the Host's Call Management Screen Look Like and How Does It Work?
- Does Call in Studio Support Call Screening? What is Auto-Screening?
- What is the Difference Between a Call-In Line and a Guest Line?
- Can I Put More Than One Caller or Guest On-Air at the Same Time?
- How Do I Host Multiple Shows? Do I Need Multiple Phone Numbers?
- Can I Block or Limit Certain Callers?
- Can I Record My Show?
- Can I Customize the Phone Prompts Callers Hear on My Show?
- Can I Allow Other Users Access to My Show (to Host or Screen Calls)?
- How Do I Authorize Guests, Hosts, or Screeners by Caller ID?
- Multiple Call-in Numbers for One Show
- WebRTC: Connecting Callers Through our Web Interface
- Using SMS Queue: How Can I Get More Callers to My Show?
- What is Mix-Minus, and Does My Mixer Board Support It (Or: Is there a Mix-Minus Software Solution)?
- Can I Port or Transfer a Number Into or Out of Call in Studio?