How Call in Studio Works / FAQ
Raise/Lower Hand for Callers and Guests on Hold
Callers and guests may 'raise' or 'lower' their hand by dialing '*1' on their phone. The caller will hear a prompt, "you have raised/lowered your hand," and then their default hold audio will continue playing.
A hand icon will appear on that call's call row next to the note icon. You can click on the hand icon to lower that caller's hand (they will not be notified the hand has been lowered).
If a caller with a raised hand is moved into a screening room or the Host Room, the hand will be automatically lowered.
This feature can be useful for long meetings where a caller who has been queued to the Host Queue would like to request to speak to the screener again by 'raising' their hand.
This functionality is not reveal to callers, so you will need to announce to your listeners if you wish to inform them of this ability. You may also customize your show/meeting's phone prompts to include this instruction, if you so desire.
Host Callback Mode: Auto-Connecting the Host Only When Callers Are Present
Using SMS Queue: How Can I Get More Callers to My Show or Meeting?
Question & Help Index
Connecting Show Audio
- How Does It Work?
- How Do You Connect to the Host Line?
- How Do I Connect Call in Studio to ZOOM and Similar Services?
- Where's the Tutorial For Setting Up the Audio?
- Couldn't I Use Blog Talk Radio, Skype, or just a regular phone line to take calls?
- Why Do I Need a Custom Call-In Number?
Managing Your Show
- What Does the Host's Call Management Screen Look Like and How Does It Work?
- Does Call in Studio Support Call Screening? What is Auto-Screening?
- What is the Difference Between a Call-In Line and a Guest Line?
- Can I Put More Than One Caller or Guest On-Air at the Same Time?
- How Do I Host Multiple Shows? Do I Need Multiple Phone Numbers?
- How Do I Manually Sort Calls in the Queue?
- Can I Block or Limit Certain Callers?
- Can I Record My Show or Meeting?
- Can I Customize the Phone Prompts Callers Hear on My Show or Meeting?
- Can I Allow Other Users Access to My Show/Meeting (to Host or Screen Calls)?
- How Do I Authorize Guests, Hosts, or Screeners by Caller ID?
- Multiple Call-in Numbers for One Show or Meeting
- What Is a Call-In (Listen Only) Line?
- WebRTC: Connecting Callers, Screeners, and Hosts Through our Web Interface
- Host Callback Mode: Auto-Connecting the Host Only When Callers Are Present
- Raise/Lower Hand for Callers and Guests on Hold
- Using SMS Queue: How Can I Get More Callers to My Show or Meeting?
- What is Mix-Minus, and Does My Mixer Board Support It (Or: Is there a Mix-Minus Software Solution)?
- Can I Port or Transfer a Number Into or Out of Call in Studio?