How Call in Studio Works / FAQ
Couldn't I Use Blog Talk Radio, Skype, or just a regular phone line to take calls?
Yes, you could. Our system is designed for a call-in workflow format, so it allows you to queue up multiple callers, optionally screen calls before making them live, and a host of other features (such as tracking busy signals, caller and carrier name lookups, having a private guest line that bypasses the regular call-in queue, blocking spam callers, or taking voicemail when your show is offline, customizing all phone prompts, etc...), that gives your show or meeting the professional experience and seamless workflow, eliminating the clunkiness other setups.
Also, because our system works by connecting a single phone call to your audio equipment, it can integrate with almost any setup. We do not broadcast your show or meeting, which means you can broadcast in myriad ways (YouTube Live, Facebook Live, Spreaker, via an IceCAST server, over traditional radio, to an audio file to include an MP3 podcast, etc.).
If you're looking for an all-in-one solution, BlogTalk Radio or similar services can do the trick. They'll broadcast your show, make a Website for your show, possibly even allow some kind of interaction with listeners, etc., and those services can be an acceptable solution for that. However, many of our customers may not like some aspect of these services (e.g., audio quality, forced commercials, inadequate call features, etc.) and many of our customers want to control the entire experience of their show or meeting (e.g., better audio quality, broadcast to multiple platforms simultaneously, host their own website, etc.). Call in Studio allows you to plug in our service into any setup for the call-in portion(s) of your show or meeting.
Where's the Tutorial For Setting Up the Audio?
Why Do I Need a Custom Call-In Number?
Question & Help Index
Connecting Show Audio
- How Does It Work?
- How Do You Connect to the Host Line?
- How Do I Connect Call in Studio to ZOOM and Similar Services?
- Where's the Tutorial For Setting Up the Audio?
- Couldn't I Use Blog Talk Radio, Skype, or just a regular phone line to take calls?
- Why Do I Need a Custom Call-In Number?
Managing Your Show
- What Does the Host's Call Management Screen Look Like and How Does It Work?
- Does Call in Studio Support Call Screening? What is Auto-Screening?
- What is the Difference Between a Call-In Line and a Guest Line?
- Can I Put More Than One Caller or Guest On-Air at the Same Time?
- How Do I Host Multiple Shows? Do I Need Multiple Phone Numbers?
- How Do I Manually Sort Calls in the Queue?
- Can I Block or Limit Certain Callers?
- Can I Record My Show or Meeting?
- Can I Customize the Phone Prompts Callers Hear on My Show or Meeting?
- Can I Allow Other Users Access to My Show/Meeting (to Host or Screen Calls)?
- How Do I Authorize Guests, Hosts, or Screeners by Caller ID?
- Multiple Call-in Numbers for One Show or Meeting
- What Is a Call-In (Listen Only) Line?
- WebRTC: Connecting Callers, Screeners, and Hosts Through our Web Interface
- Host Callback Mode: Auto-Connecting the Host Only When Callers Are Present
- Raise/Lower Hand for Callers and Guests on Hold
- What is Mix-Minus, and Does My Mixer Board Support It (Or: Is there a Mix-Minus Software Solution)?
- Can I Port or Transfer a Number Into or Out of Call in Studio?